Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Day at a Time.

We're taking things a day at a time. That's all we can do.
And baby's survival goes up with each day that we get through. We are currently 24 weeks. The longer we can cook this critter the better. 



Thank my lucky stars that we have such a great healthcare system.
I am part of the Calgary Antenatal Community Program. Without this program ,I woul be in hospital right now. So although it feels like house-arrest, I'll take it! It means a few more weeks at home with my boys before being readmitted back to hospital, where I will remain until baby arrives. 

I have nurses that phone in daily to check on me and come to the house once a week. The lab comes every four days to draw my blood. They come right to the house. No need to drag myself and Jack to the lab - a lifesaver. 

I'm on modified activity. The restrictions are no standing longer than 20 minutes, no walking longer than 10 minutes, no housework (oh darn), 9 hours of sedentary rest during the day (with a toddler? hahaha). With being set up at home with the life line (panic button) they have advised me to stay at home as much as possible. And not to leave the city limits until baby has arrived. 

We hired a nanny yesterday. She'll start on Tuesday. Such a relief! 
I need someone to help with Jack, help with housekeeping, and to be present with Jack in the event that I need to be taken to hospital. And to care for Jack, once I am in hospital, while Peter is at work.

A very BIG thank you to everyone who has helped and has offered to help. We're not done yet, and may still need to call on you. You really are helping to make things easier and we appreciate you very much. 

We have another ultrasound and doctors appointment on Monday March 10. The ultrasound will tell us if the placenta and exposed vessels are moving away from the cervix; which may decrease the risk of a bleed. 

1 comment:

Jesseca said...

Your a strong woman my friend! One day at a time - your doing great mama! Xoxo jess